Monday, June 30, 2008

Here We Go!


Well, here I go into the land of Blogs. I did not think I would dive into this world, but I love reading all about my friends and seeing what is going on in their lives--I figured --what's it going to hurt. :-)
The Japhet family is doing GREAT! God is so good and I'm reminded of this daily. Blessings are poured over us all the time. It is easy to walk about and not see what is right before your eyes. I was reminded not to long ago about my Life Learning Skills class with Willard Tate. How thankful I am that he had us write down 10 good things that had happened to us that day before class. I know many of you know just what I'm talking about. When it is 8:00 in the morning- at first you think he is crazy and you don't see all the blessings- BUT, Mr. Tate is quick to remind you that you were able to get out of bed, walk to class, breath along the way, etc. Yes, there are many blessings we walk around daily and forget to thank our Lord for. Lord, help my to see things through your eyes and not take things for granted.
Three of the blessings God has given me are Addie, Brandt and Cade. My how fast they grow. It seems like just yesterday Addie was a baby. Now my baby is 8 and going into the 3rd grade. Brandt is 4 and will turn 5 in August. I never thought I would question the fact that I was not going to send him to Kindergarten this next year. The teacher in me knew before he was born that he would not start on time. The mom in me has gotten a little sad. I'm excited for the adventure to begin for him, because I know how much he will love it. The teacher in me is right and I know B will be better off in the long run by waiting another year to start school.
Cade is 3, yet thinks he is as big as Brandt. They are great buddies. I have loved watching them play together. It is such a sweet blessing to watch my kids play and grow in the Lord.


5 comments:

Beth P said...

I found it! You need to email family and friends and let them know that you are open for business!
Great post, and I'm excited to continue to watch this journey you are on. God has been very good, and I know there is more to come.
Love you little sis!
Beth

momof3 said...

I'm so glad to hear about what's going on with you & the kids. You're right, they have grown! God has blessed you greatly, and you have blessed those of us who know you by your strong spirit & love for the Lord. He is faithful!
Love,
Bonnie

Eric and Kelsey said...

Thank you for letting me know about your blog :-) I love your pictures! Tammy, you truly are a blessing to anyone who knows you. And I'm so glad I'm one of those people!

Eric and Kelsey said...

The previous comment is from me, Kelsey. I didn't realize only Eric's name would show up :-)

Lori Wood said...

Tammy what beautiful blessings you have. When I got your email, I realized I had totally forgotten that Lance said you had called. From your blog I can tell you were talking about single parent camp. Isn't it incredible?! There is so much more to catch up on, but it is 2:30 am and I have to get to bed! Take care, Blessings, Lori

My home email is wood_lori@yahoo.com